REGULATORY AFFAIRS SYMPOSIUM “EMERGING ISSUES & FUTURE TRENDS IN EU FOOD & FEED REGULATIONS”
Join us on 9th October 2020 at the Miramar Hotel, Barcelona, Spain, for our first regulatory affairs symposium on emerging issues and future trends related to EU food & feed regulated products.
We are organising a unique 1-day event tailored for regulatory affairs professionals from the feed & food industry. Our regulatory symposium will include talks from industry experts, a panel discussion & interactive regulatory workshops to provide you with an opportunity to learn, explore and network.
The program of the event is designed as a learning experience for people involved in regulatory affairs. We have invited key industry stakeholders to share the latest updates, ideas and their valuable experience with you. You will have the opportunity to participate in our regulatory workshops in the afternoon and work on real-life scenarios. The number of spaces for the conference is limited to ensure that the event is interactive and that delegates have the opportunity to ask questions & get the most out of the event.
DON’T MISS OUT – MAKE SURE YOU BOOK YOUR TICKET!
The conference will take place at Miramar Hotel, Barcelona, Spain in the Montjuic mountain with spectacular views of Barcelona & the Mediterranean Sea.
The event will be followed by a GALA dinner to celebrate Pen & Tec´s 20th anniversary. We would be delighted if you could join us for the celebration in the exclusive Miramar private indoor garden where you will be able to enjoy and experience some Spanish culture in the mild Barcelona autumn.
The price to participate in the conference is 500 EUR+VAT. There is an early-bird 50% discount available if you register before 30th July.
- 8:30-9:30: Registration & coffee
Session 1. Emerging issues
- 9:30 – 9:45: Welcome address
- 9:45 – 10:15: Regulatory roundup – key emerging issues & future trends in food & feed? – Dr Elinor McCartney, Pen & Tec Consulting
- 10:15-10:45: Impact of the new EU regulation on transparency for food & feed regulated products products – European Commission invited, speaker to be confirmed
- 10:45 -11:15 – Latest updates from EFSA: transparency & confidentiality, new guidance on Whole Genome Sequencing, feed additive renewals – EFSA Scientific Officer invited, speaker to be confirmed
- 11:45 – 12:15: The B-word – What next for feed & food regulated products in the UK? – Speaker to be confirmed
Session 2: Future trends
- 12:15 -12:45 – The cellular revolution – cultured meat vs. traditional meat – what does the future hold for these opposing industries? – IRTA, speaker to be confirmed
- 12:45 – 13:30 – Panel discussion on future trends & emerging issues for regulated products in the EU
Lunch & networking
- 14:30- 15:30 – Workshop – Practical session on the new transparency regulation: from product development to approval.
- 16:00-17:30 – Workshop – Making the most of your data – similarities between food & feed applications.
Optional evening reception
- 19:00 – late: Gala dinner & evening entertainment at the beautiful Miramar Hotel. Dress code: Evening wear
- Regulatory affairs Managers
- Business Development Managers
- R&D Scientists
- Product development Managers
- Project Managers
Experience the sensation of being in a unique place in Spain at the 5-star Hotel Miramar Barcelona located in the picturesque Barcelona Montjuic Mountain right next to the Olympic Stadium built in 1927 for the 1929 International Exposition in the city.
Hotel offers a wide range of services and facilities that will make your stay an amazing experience of contemporary luxury.
Miramar Barcelona is ideally situated, a 10-minutes trip from Plaza España where the AirBus stop is located. AirBus is the bus that takes you from the airport to the city centre in just 20 minutes and costs 5.90 EUR. To get to the hotel from Plaza España you can take a bus 150 with 2.30 EUR one tip price or take a taxi (approximately 8 EUR). Taxi from the airport directly to the hotel may cost approximately 45 EUR.
Hotel kindly provides a special room rate for the conference participants. Quote PENTEC20 when booking your room online.
Click here to discover the venue.
Dr Elinor McCartney
Dr Elinor McCartney has over 30 years’ experience in product development and EU regulatory affairs for multiple categories, including food and feed additives, novel foods and nutrition and health claims. Elinor is a graduate of the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, where she also obtained a PhD in enteric diseases of piglets. She has an MBA (with distinction) and has tutored Finance and Marketing for the Open University Business School.
In 2000, Elinor set up Pen & Tec Consulting to help companies comply with EU regulations and legally sell their food and feed products in Europe. Elinor mainly provides strategic advice to clients on legal status and best regulatory options to accelerate time to market. Elinor is a frequent and popular speaker at international conferences on topics such as probiotics and nutritional support for human and animal health, and is also the author or co-author of over 25 manuscripts published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Laura Payo Lewis
Laura Payo Lewis specialises in both EU food and feed product registrations. She is an experienced regulatory manager, helping numerous clients take their products to market, such as enzymes used as animal digestibility enhancers or as food processing aids. She holds a Master in Biotechnology from the University of Salamanca, and interned in the cell culture quality control department of Intervet/Schering-Plough Animal Health in 2010.
Laura has delivered seminars on regulations and procedures for registering feed and feed additives in the EU. She also provides training sessions for client regulatory teams on all aspects of the EU registration process, on topics such as understanding data requirements for the risk assessment of food and feed products derived from genetically modified microorganisms. Since joining Pen & Tec in 2011, Laura has acquired a deeper knowledge of the regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions, working on Food Additive Petitions or GRAS determinations (US FDA) or feed additive registrations in Brazil.
- UAB, Barcelona – invited
- EFSA – invited
- Elizabeth Lewis (BAFSAM) – invited
- IRTA – invited
- Biosafe – invited
- EFFSACO – invited
The registration for this event will be open soon!
Please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.