WORK AT PEN & TEC
Pen & Tec Consulting is currently seeking a Digital Marketing Intern to join our team in Barcelona.
Would you like to gain hands-on marketing experience in social media and SEO? Are you looking for challenging, interesting and varied work with a high level of responsibility?
This is an exciting time to be joining the company as we are growing the team, expanding our core offerings and digitally transforming our business. We are looking for applicants that would like to be part of this growth, and willing to learn and work towards driving the business forward.
The successful candidate will have a passion for digital marketing, media and technology, as well as knowledge and practical experience of marketing tools, digital/website design and using social media effectively. The ideal candidate will have a very strong work ethic, an eagerness to learn and will help in the implementation and execution of our digital marketing strategy and everyday marketing tasks.
Objective of the internship: To plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Designing/implementing digital marketing strategy and maintaining our social media presence (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Content building for social networks and company website, including planning and drafting
- Creating copy for customer email marketing and newsletters
- Updating website with new content, ensuring our content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised to deliver results
- Creating and distributing monthly email newsletters and updates
- Increasing our rankings for Google search and all other platforms
- Expanding our presence in online communities and groups on LinkedIn (and other platforms)
- Assisting with the preparation of SEO compliant content for Paid Ads (LinkedIn) and Google AdWords
- Research (e.g. competitor analysis) and keyword analysis
- Measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Digital design using Adobe Photoshop for banners and social graphics
- Identifying trends and insights, and optimising spend/performance based on the insights
- Collaborating with internal teams to create landing pages and optimise user experience
- Collaborating with suppliers and other partners
- Evaluating emerging technologies and providing thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Creating lists of business leads as part of our business development process; assisting with building and nurturing of online relationships with prospective customers and partners
- Tracking and research of industry news and events
- Assisting with URL building
- Maintaining tracking documents and analysing competitive/industry trends
- Assisting with other marketing/office tasks, as required by the business (e.g. optimising PowerPoint presentations)
- Final year student BS/MS degree in digital marketing or related field
- Excellent written and spoken English (being a native speaker will be a plus)
- Good understanding of Social Networks (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Practical knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Key IT skills, including WordPress, Photoshop and Mail Chimp (or related)
- Experience in setting up and optimising Google AdWords campaigns
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fast learner and willingness to take on new challenges
- Positive, creative, flexible and driven
- Previous experience in marketing and social media will be also be positively considered.
- Learn how a SME operates, with real hands-on experience
- Multinational team
- A friendly, customer-focused environment built on teamwork, collaboration, ownership and transparency
- A great environment to learn and implement your knowledge and skills
- You enhance your CV
- Increase your future employability
This is a part-time, paid internship that could lead to a permanent position.
The role will require the successful candidate to work 20 hours/week from our offices 08.30-12.30 Monday-Friday, but the company is also willing to consider flexible working around University classes.
To apply, please send a 1-page CV and a covering letter to email@example.com including:
- Which specific parts of digital marketing you find yourself most drawn towards
- In what ways you would be able to contribute to the company’s success
- Your opinion on how consumers’ behaviour will change over the next 10 years, and how businesses need to adapt to stay ahead.