IP & DATA PROTECTION FOR ALTERNATIVE PROTEINS: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PRODUCTS IN THE EU – JOINT WEBINAR BY BGP, HGF & PEN & TEC CONSULTING
May 18, 4PM CET
Join us for our free joint webinar on IP & data protection for alternative proteins where we will be discussing:
- What can you do to protect your alternative protein product?
- What are the data requirements for a patent & how long does it take?
- What comes first, patent or novel food dossier?
- What are the data requirements for a novel food application?
- How does data protection work for novel food applications & which data/studies can you claim data protection for?
- What is the difference between confidentiality & data protection for novel foods?
- How will the new EU regulation on transparency impact confidentiality?
- What happens when the 5-year data protection runs out? Is the patent enough to protect your product?
15-minute talk from Kerry Rees on data requirements for a successful patent application in Europe:
- What are the data requirements for a patent applications to be sufficient and inventive in Europe?
- How much data is required on filing a patent application.
- To what extent can post-filing data be used?
15-minute talk from Hannah Lester on data protection for alternative proteins focusing on:
- Data required for novel food application
- How does data protection work & what can you claim data protection for?
- Data protection vs. confidentiality – how does the new EU regulation on transparency affect confidentiality?
30-minute panel discussion & Q&A chaired by Geza Molnar
- Regulatory people
- People/companies developing alt-protein products
- People/companies with existing alt-protein products
Dr Hannah Lester – CEO at Pen & Tec Consulting
Hannah is a veterinary epidemiologist & regulatory affairs expert with over 15 years’ experience in developing veterinary, animal feed & food products for regulatory approval in the EU & other global markets.
Hannah helps companies to overcome regulatory hurdles & offers strategic solutions to get to market in a cost-effective & time-effective way. She has worked on cell-based products, plant protein isolates, fermentation products, algae & seaweeds & traditional foods – preparing regulatory plans, providing support on study design & statistics through to preparing feed additive dossiers, novel food dossiers & traditional food notifications.
She is passionate about alternative proteins & helping companies navigate the complex regulatory requirements needed for regulatory approval.
Kerry Rees – Partner at For and on behalf of HGF Limited
Kerry Rees is a partner and patent attorney at HGF. His background is in molecular biology and biochemistry. He has worked with a wide variety of companies in the food, feed and related fields including alt proteins. He advises on all aspects of patents and enjoys working with companies to develop IP strategies that help attract investment and underpin growth.
Geza Molnar – Managing Partner of Bright Green Partners, host and moderator of the event
Geza is a chemist turned entrepreneur and innovation consultant. He has been helping companies like Maersk, IKEA and Cargill to transform their business by connecting them to startups and novel technologies from all around the globe. Geza is also the founder of Protein Directory, a global community of alternative protein innovators and Bright Green Partners, the leading global plant and cell tech strategy boutique.
About the companies
Bright Green Partners helps large corporates, SMEs, governments, and investors around the world to win in plant-, fermentation- and cell-based products and markets such as in alternatives for food & feed (e.g., protein, meat, dairy, fish, livestock feed), materials (e.g., leather) and specialties (e.g., gelatin, ingredients for beauty products). We achieve this by combining top-tier innovation and strategy consulting expertise with deep product, technology and market knowledge supported by a large global expert network and practical implementation/ execution approach.
HGF Ltd is one of Europe’s leading firms of Intellectual Property specialists bringing over 200 patent attorneys, trade mark attorneys and IP solicitors together to provide a full-service IP solution. The firm has 21 offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, The Netherlands and Switzerland. The firm has a specialist group of patent and trade mark attorneys and IP solicitors dedicated to the food tech sector.