Webinar with Roberto Suárez: “Infant nutrition: regulation and ingredient innovation in the EU”
Regulations 2016/127 and 2016/128 have recently come into force and brought some new requirements applicable to formulas for infants (Infant Formulas and Follow-on Formulas) and those for infants with special dietary requirements (Food for Special Medical Purposes for infants). In the first part of this webinar, we will see the main changes introduced after the implementation of this new legal framework and will evaluate their impact on the market. In the second part, we will see the new authorisation procedure and scientific requirements for formula manufactured from protein hydrolysates. Finally, we will see how to bring the latest probiotic and prebiotic innovation (Human Milk Oligosaccharides) to your products under the current EU legal framework.
The Webinar will cover:
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/127 on specific compositional and information requirements for infant formula and follow-on formula;
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/128 specific compositional and information requirements for food for special medical purposes;
- Regulation (EU) No 609/2013 on food intended for infants and young children, food for special medical purposes, and total diet replacement for weight control;
This webinar will cover the main changes introduced after the implementation of Regulations 2016/127 and 2016/128. We will analyse the legal situation of some trend ingredients (protein hydrolysates, probiotics and human oligosaccharides) and how these are intertwined with Novel Food Regulations and other EU provisions. Format of the webinar: 40-45 minutes presentation, followed by 15-20 minutes for questions & answers.
- Infant Formula and Follow-on Formula
- Protein hydrolysates
- Probiotics and prebiotics
- Novel Food
- Regulatory affairs Managers
- Business Development Managers
- R&D Scientists
- Product development Managers
- Project Managers
- Scientists in CROs where clients demand EFSA-compliant studies
Roberto Suárez – Regulatory Affairs Associate
Roberto Suárez is a food technologist holding a master’s degree in Quality of Food of Animal Origin (Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain). He has worked in the food industry since graduating from the University, gaining solid, extensive experience in food quality and safety management systems (BRC, IFS and FSSC 22:000), importation and exportation systems (CEXGAN, REX) and analytical techniques. Roberto has also worked training and offering consultant services to food industries on their way to excellency and legal compliance. The study of food allergens and management systems for their control and prevention has been the main focus of his working career. Roberto has also been in continuous and direct contact with the FDA and FDA inspectors throughout his professional life.